Music is processed in many parts of the brain, which makes it an excellent tool for those living with an acquired brain injury or a neuro-degenerative condition.
We support children and adults who:
- Are diagnosed with Parkinson’s, Multiple Scerlosis (MS), Huntingdon’s disease or any other neuro-disability;
- Are diagnosed with Celebral Palsy;
- Infants and children with injuries at birth;
- Have suffered a stroke;
- Have life-limiting conditions.
Sessions are typically on a one-to-one basis and individuals will have individualised therapeutic goals based upon their personal needs. Music Therapy Wales aims to work with or provide joint sessions with Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists where possible and appropriate.
Music Therapy will typically aim to help clients:
- Maintain and/or improve speech and communication
- Maintain and/or improve motor skills, cognition and learning skills
- Maintain and support behavioural and emotional well-being