Music Therapy Wales acts on a self-employed basis and holds its own personal indemnity and public liability insurance.
The service includes:
– All instruments and their insurance
– Full DBS check of the therapist and legal memberships and registrations including the British Association of Music Therapy and the Health Care Professions Council
– All Music Therapy work will be supported by an external clinical supervisor on a regular basis to support and inform the progress of the work. This is part of the service and is funded by Music Therapy Wales.
– All paperwork for referrals, feedback and assessments for clients.
– Appropriate communication with a clients GP and family in order to include them in the therapy process where possible and appropriate
– Appropriate and individualised service agreement for each institution or individual that uses the service
Ethics and Confidentiality
All records of sessions will be kept confidential and in accordance with Safeguarding recommendations and guidelines from the Health Care Professions Council.
The confidentiality and best interests of the client are a top priority for Music Therapy Wales and an integral part to the therapy itself and the values that Music Therapy Wales holds.